You are here

• Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 2 months 1 week
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 9 months 2 weeks
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 6 hours 47 min
    Hi- just figured out how to find & use this site. 2 questions 1-Anyone know what > 12 Means in both Peak & trough??? 2- open you up chest/ sternum Is there a less invasive operation? Thanks
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 12 hours 9 min
    Hi, I have had my Lvad for seven years. Recently I have developed fluid around the pump they removed one and 1/3 liters by aspiration however after a month it came back.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 20 hours 22 min
    This may not be the forum for this question, but who better to answer my questions than those living with an LVAD and the people who care for them.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 21 hours 9 min
    Hi all! I am new to the community and have a few questions about international travel.
  • Inspiration and Encouragement
    Last activity 22 hours 25 min
    In September, 2015. I had two (no pain) heart attacks, one while in the hospital. My cardiologist (he had put two stents in me some years earlier) told me that my left ventricle was in bad shape and that I might not live to the end of the year.
  • Tips and Tricks
    Last activity 1 day 16 sec
    FOR FASTEST RESPONSE, Please email for instructions directly at hankpattyrichmond@sbcglobal.net
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 3 days 1 hour
    My wife has had an LVAD for three years. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery to remove the cancer and is now facing chemotherpy. We are wondering if any other women with an LVAD have faced this challenge.
  • Inspiration and Encouragement
    Last activity 6 days 20 hours
    Hello to all of my LVAD brothers and sisters out there. Come the middle of this month I will have had my LVAD HM II for 5 years. Not a bad stinit considering 5 years ago I should have died.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 week 19 hours
    Hi- just figured out how to find & use this site. 2 questions 1-Anyone know what > 12 Means in both Peak & trough??? 2- open you up chest/ sternum Is there a less invasive operation? Thanks
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 week 3 days
    HI,
  • New to LVADs
    Last activity 1 week 3 days
    Hi, hello, good afternoon! My husband is jumping through the hoops to get qualified for the Heartmate II. We're just about done and meeting with the LVAD surgeon in just a week. I don't see many recent posts and it concerns me dearly.
  • Clothing Options
    Last activity 1 week 4 days
    Medi-Materials has an undershirt called the Freedom Undervest.   https://medi-materials.com/product/freedom-undervest/
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 week 6 days

• Caregiver Support
    Last activity 1 week 6 days
    Hi everyone who replied to my post. I would just like to say a big Thank you it has helped to know there are others out there that has similar problems. I would like to wish everyone a happy Christmas and all best wishes for the new year.
  • Clothing Options
    Last activity 2 weeks 16 hours
    Life with an LVAD can be challenging, and loved ones in your life may not realize just how different your day-to-day activities look.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 2 weeks 21 hours
    Just got this from a company out of Florida that my MCMS team was working with. Continuum They can supply all of your patches, foley anchors, silver foam etc. It is billed diretly to Medicare
  • New to LVADs
    Last activity 2 weeks 4 days
    I just got out of the hospital. Had my VAD placed almost 3 weeks ago. Can you guys share tips and hints on how to wear my VAD? I have a Heartware 2. Thank you
  • New to LVADs
    Last activity 2 weeks 5 days
    Have my VAD for 7 weeks now, and all is well. Still very tired after a flight of steps. Have the model HM 3. It's weird having to carry a bag 24/7. Anyway, just saying hello. Benny.

Pages