You are here

• Recipient Support
    Last activity 2 weeks 18 hours
    I've been trying to get some information about trying to do yoga with the lvad and how to get started. Has anyone tried or is anyone doing it? . At being 63yrs.old, I need some form of exercise; I would appreciate it. Thank you and Peace be with you.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 3 weeks 1 day
    Just got this from a company out of Florida that my MCMS team was working with. Continuum They can supply all of your patches, foley anchors, silver foam etc. It is billed diretly to Medicare
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 4 weeks 18 hours
    Hi, I have had my Lvad for seven years. Recently I have developed fluid around the pump they removed one and 1/3 liters by aspiration however after a month it came back.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 1 month 2 weeks
    My husband had a heart transplant . He had a LVAD : Heartmate 2.We are located in Massachusetts . In Middlesex county . If you need driveline kits we have then to give if you are in need.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 1 month 3 weeks
    Wife was implanted 3 yrs ago with heartmate 2 and has since had 3 drive-line revisions due to infection. We have been told transplant is not a option and have been forwarded to palliative care.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 2 months 4 days
    To anyone interested if you have a "Heartmate 2", You can find a very comfortable undershirt to wear to carry you equipment under your clothing @ www.lvadshirt.com. It comes in Black or White
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 2 months 4 days
    I have had an LVAD for 8 years. The new daily cleaning of my driveline is a pre-packaged kit, which includes an effective infection prevention disk called biopatch. Because of skin issues, I am unable to use them. Every day I have a new disk to add, and have a good-sized bag now.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 2 months 2 weeks
    I'm so proud of the Freedom Undervest because it solves a real problem. As many of my colleagues know, driveline infections are a serious risk for LVAD patients, and the Freedom Undervest addresses their need to protect the driveline exit site.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 2 months 2 weeks
    Hello I am a new lvad recipient, I had my surgery on september 19 . Everything seems to be going well except for the fact that i can hear the pump running . It is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone else has this issue?
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 4 months 2 weeks
    I've been trying to get some information about trying to do yoga with the lvad and how to get started. Has anyone tried or is anyone doing it? . At being 63yrs.old, I need some form of exercise; I would appreciate it. Thank you and Peace be with you.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 5 months 5 days
    Going to have a right heart cat done, and was told to pack my bags, went to go see the heart Doctor, ; Dr. Andrew Sauer, sounds want to stay for a while and that my kidneys are starting to shut down, has anyone been through something like before?
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 5 months 1 week
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 7 months 2 days
    FYI - I have collected various types of info for myself that might also be useful to others here on my Pinterest account. Go to https://www.pinterest.com/flimbach/l-vad-help
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 9 months 2 weeks
    Is anyone aware of a smaller controller and/or battery for the Heartware II? My son has one and as a very athletic person (daily gym, motorcycle racing, hiking, etc.), the controller is a real bulky problem. Does anyone have any info, please? Thanks very much.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 9 months 2 weeks
    Dear phillip I would like to get in contact with you regarding hospitals in South Africa with knowledge off the Lvad.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 10 months 1 week
    This morning I have become completely overwhelmed with the size of Irma. I live in Macon Ga and would think I am the program furthest south in Georgia. The inpatients don't bother me it's the evacuation folks on a device.
  • Recipient Support
    Last activity 10 months 1 week
    Greetings from Macon GA I have major concerns for non-Hospitalized , Mobile ,active VAD patients leaving Florida to seek shelter .