You are here

• Caregiver Support
    Last activity 20 hours 18 min
    This may not be the forum for this question, but who better to answer my questions than those living with an LVAD and the people who care for them.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 1 week 6 days
    Hi everyone who replied to my post. I would just like to say a big Thank you it has helped to know there are others out there that has similar problems. I would like to wish everyone a happy Christmas and all best wishes for the new year.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 2 months 3 weeks
    My husband had his LVAD op October 2017 10 days later he developed bowed ischaemia and had life saving surgery again, he had bowel resection and an illeostomy. He is lucky to have survived.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 3 months 5 days
    My Uncle has been living with his LVad for many years. He has recently been having complications. He's been in hospital over a week with a GI bleed they can't seem to find. He's had two colonoscopy and swallowed a pill that had a camera in it.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 5 months 3 days
    My husband is likely getting an LVAD this week. He has cardiomyopathy and is only 40 so they want to put off a transplant as long as possible.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 5 months 1 week
    I am writing this in hope of finding someone with some advice. Perhaps someone out there has experienced the following sympoms and has found healing. My father, is currently in the hospital and his team doesn't know for sure what is causing his constant dizziness and low PI.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 6 months 2 days
    My brother received his LVAD on 02/02/2015. We went through the same search. The vest he received in hospital was uncomfortable for him. At one of his therapy sessions we found the answer. I replicated an idea a fellow patient's wife devised for him. We use mans tank tops which I modify.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 8 months 1 week
    My brother in law received his LVAD a little over a year ago. He has had some issues but seems ok with it. He is slowly recovering - goes to the gym to walk most days and is slowly regaining appetite and strength. Two issues:
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 8 months 2 weeks
    My brother in law received his LVAD a little over a year ago. He has had some issues but seems ok with it. He is slowly recovering - goes to the gym to walk most days and is slowly regaining appetite and strength. Two issues:
  • Caregiver Support
    My husband will receive a LVAD shortly. We live in Dallas Texas and are looking for additional care takers that can relieve me as his primary caregiver occasionally. Any suggestions. Am willing to pay obviously. Thank you.
  • Caregiver Support
    My uncle has had his Lvad for 6 years. He doesn't follow any dr recommendations... He smokes, eats and drinks whatever he wants even though he's diabetic. In the last 6 months he has really declined.
  • Caregiver Support
    Hi everyone! My dad had an LVAD implanted in May 2015 and has since being doing really well. We have booked a family holiday away to Turkey this August however having trouble to get my dad insured for his LVAD and Dilated Cardiomyapathy- has anyone got any suggestions?
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 11 months 3 days
    My father in law recently passed and we have all of his lvad equipment which was paid for in full. Several batteries charging station and machine that plugs to wall. Also has carrying cases etc. We would like to sell them to assist in paying funeral arrangements.
  • Caregiver Support
    Last activity 11 months 3 days
    Has anyone known someone with an LVAD that decided that the LVAD lifestyle no longer is acceptable to them? Has anyone known someone who had their LVAD deactivated?