You are here

• Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 2 months 1 week
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 9 months 2 weeks
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 6 hours 45 min
    Hi- just figured out how to find & use this site. 2 questions 1-Anyone know what > 12 Means in both Peak & trough??? 2- open you up chest/ sternum Is there a less invasive operation? Thanks
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 21 hours 8 min
    Hi all! I am new to the community and have a few questions about international travel.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 3 days 1 hour
    My wife has had an LVAD for three years. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery to remove the cancer and is now facing chemotherpy. We are wondering if any other women with an LVAD have faced this challenge.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 week 19 hours
    Hi- just figured out how to find & use this site. 2 questions 1-Anyone know what > 12 Means in both Peak & trough??? 2- open you up chest/ sternum Is there a less invasive operation? Thanks
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 week 3 days
    HI,
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 week 6 days

• Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 3 weeks 1 hour
    Dear LVAD community, Do you know anybody who has had had their LVAD removed due to improved heart function after the patient had an ischemic heart attack?
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 3 weeks 4 days
    We developed the Freedom Undervest so that patients could continue doing the things they love. This week on the blog, we discuss traveling with an LVAD.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 month 1 day
    The Freedom Undervest keeps your LVAD equipment safe all day. We recommend sleeping in your Freedom Undervest, so that your LVAD equipment stays secure at night, and you remain comfortable.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 1 month 3 weeks
    Lets get to it. The worst thing that can happen to an LVAD user is a drive line infection. It can put you in the hospital many times over and cures with the various antibiotics may or may not work for you. It can lead to extra surgeries for debridement and in some cases make it worse.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 2 months 1 week
    I am 49 and got my lvad in September 2017, I have been playing guitar since I was 10 . Now the problem is my electric guitar picks up the pump and transmits it through the amp to the point of not being able to play.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 4 months 6 days
    I have a strange question. Before getting my lvad, one thing I used to enjoy was listening to shortwave radio while falling asleep. I used to prop the radio on my chest while tuning though the frequencies.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 4 months 3 weeks
    Hi, i'm from italy and i'm caregiver of my father; he was implanted with heart mate 3 LVAD and now he's slowing recovery.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 4 months 3 weeks
    Now at age 70, living in the USA, I have to let my ten-year level term insurance expire because the rates were set to climb rapidly anyway.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 6 months 2 weeks
    pump noise Hello I am a new lvad recipient, I had my surgery on September 19 . Everything seems to be going well except for the fact that i can hear the pump running . It is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone else has this issue?
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 6 months 2 weeks
    My husband was explaninted today and we now have a new shower bag, a case of Drive line change kits we do not need. We also have a charger station, battery charger and 6 batteries. Would like to sell off unneeded items to help cover medical cost. Best offer will be excepted.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 7 months 3 weeks
    Could someone please advise what the normal FLOW AND PI IS FOR HEARTMATE 3 with revs. Of 5500.
  • Living with an LVAD
    Last activity 8 months 1 day
    My husband was explaninted today and we now have a new shower bag, a case of Drive line change kits we do not need. We also have a charger station, battery charger and 6 batteries. Would like to sell off unneeded items to help cover medical cost. Best offer will be excepted.

Pages