Profile picture for user MyLVAD_2
MyLVAD A. Caregiver

MyLVAD Videos: The History of Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD): Past, Present & Future

There has been enormous progress in the area of LVADs. Less than 30 years ago, recipients had external devices where they were sedated, on a ventilator and hooked up to bedside equipment. The future of the technology looks promising and is aiming for smaller devices, no driveline and much smaller incisions.

Having seen the changes and advancements in LVAD technology featured in this video, has it changed the way you feel about your LVAD?

Full video can be found here

Profile picture for user LVAD_Friend
Nate W.

I don't have an LVAD but I have a friend in Washington DC who has one, and i just wanted to say that I found this video extremely educational. It is amazing to see how far these devices have come, and the future is very exciting as well. It seems like we have seen only the tip of the iceberg for LVAD's in terms of what is possible. Awesome!!

Profile picture for user rovergo
Richard O.

Dr Miller,

Enjoyed your presentation on LVADs. Its been a while since we have talked but think of you often and wanted to thank you for my LVAD. I have been moved to top of the list at WHC for heart transplant which I know you might be estactic over. It takes us engineers a while before we can move forward! Anyway God bless and I hope you have a wonderful new year! Thanks for your service in this exciting field.

Glenn Olson