Profile picture for user MyLVAD_2
MyLVAD A. Caregiver

Heart Transplant Waiting List...

The average wait for a heart transplant is 6 months to 3 years... hear success stories from LVAD patients, and share your stories with us here!

Profile picture for user LarryLundy
Larry L.

Mr. Olson,

Congratulations! Not sure if you remember me, but we have crossed paths on doctor visits and you were a patient on 4D when I received my transplant back in Nov 2010. I am so happy for you and offer sincere Congratulations on your transplant! Never a doubt that God provides for those that remain faithful to him. Many blessings to you and your family. Larry Lundy; Ft. Wash, MD.

Profile picture for user Angela_Murray
Angela M.

I know this is way after the fact, but congratulations Mr. Olson on your transplant. I hope you are doing well. I happened to run across the story about you and your daughter both having a LVAD. I was a caregiver for my son when he received his LVAD at the age of 24. Like your daughter, my son was in fairly poor health when he was diagnosed and had to learn to walk again. I was diagnosed with heart failure about a month before my son, but was not at "end of life stage" when I was diagnosed. It's been almost 4 years since my son had his LVAD placed and now I find myself on the other side of the fence and getting ready to get my own LVAD. I didn't think I would actually find a "2 LVAD" family other than my own, so I wanted to say hello and just say that I hope you and your daughter are well, and wish you the best of luck in your lifes journey through this all as I find out what life has in store for my son and myself.

Thank you for unknowingly giving me the little boost of inspiration I think that I was so in need of.