Profile picture for user Kristi
Kristi W. Caregiver

Equipment donation

My mom had an lvad and she passed away. I have a bunch of equipment I would rather donate than just getting rid of. I would love to hear any ideas. I can send pictures if needed. Email me. Klwatk2@gmail.com

Profile picture for user roesner65@gmail.com
Terry R.

Kristi, I received some equipment under similar circumstances. I traveled from Illinois to New Jersey to get the equipment. I am so thankful to the donors that it is hard to fathom. They made my life so much easier and Mayo’s checked the gear out and gave it the thumbs up.  Bless you for thinking of others. Terry 

Profile picture for user Angel13
Angela C.

I’m so sorry to hear that your mum has passed away after having an lvad 

my husband is still waiting for a transplant and also has an lvad and he’s had that for 3 and a half years now and is stable health wise 

Sorry to ask this but did she pass away due to complications with the lvad I’m always on edge with my husbands condition as he has end stage heart failure and the lvad is a bridge to transplant 

In reply to by Angela C.

Kristi W.

She had a stroke during a heart surgery and passed 2 years later due to those complications. She had her lvad for 2 years before that and loved it. She had difficulties but overall it made a positive impact on her mental and physical health.

Profile picture for user Susang
Susan S.

My husband is not a candidate for a heart transplant .  He is destination .   I would be interested if you still have some equipment.   Let me know what you have.  

God Bless, and you are so gracious, 

Susan

In reply to by Susan S.

Kristi W.

I have several batteries, chargers and accessory bags. Her equipment is several years old so I’m not exactly sure what will or won’t work but I’m happy to try and make it work. Where are you located?