Profile picture for user Kimi
DaKeia W. Recipient

Ideas for Healthy Eating

My diet is horrible! Because of my busy schedule, I hardly ever have time to cook. And it seems like the cost of eating healthy has gone up tremendously. Can anyone share ideas for low cost quick healthy meals?

Profile picture for user Sam_King
Sam K.

My name is Sam. I have had my lvad for nearly 2 years. I don't cook too elaborately. Here is what I typically eat. Quaker oats oatmeal in the canister, along with egg beaters instead of regular eggs. I have Orange juice and my morning coffee. For lunch I est progresso soups that say "heart healthy" on the label and they have a heart on the. Label too. I get low salt deli turkey breast for sandwich. Eat cannon light and fit yogurt. For dinner I eat salads with grilled chicken when I go out to a restaurant or eat frozen dinners by"Healthy Choice" they are lower in sodium and have good protein. I drink v-8 and diet snqpple skim milk and use q juicer juice machine

Profile picture for user Dave
David G.

Healthy Choice makes tasty quick meals called Caf'e Steamers(they steam the vegetables). There is nothing to poke or peal back on them and they are usually on sale at Walmart. I also use a egg substitute along with turkey bacon. I go with either with healthy choice or progresso soups which are both heart healthy. Ofcourse there is always yogurt which is a fast meal. And eating oatmeal for dinner leads to a great sleep.