Profile picture for user sfunk420
Suzanne F. Family Member

CLEVELAND AREA LVAD recipients and caregivers

With my dad being a new LVAD Recipient and my mom and I being new LVAD caregivers, I was really interested in finding people in our area with an LVAD or even people who have been treated or come for follow ups at the Cleveland Clinic with a VAD.

I think it would help my dad and others with an LVAD if there was a support group community in our area and am interested in getting some people together to help each other through this difficult, yet miraculous time. So if you are interested in joining the Cleveland, Ohio LVAD community support group, please reply. Or if you already know of a Cleveland area support group, that would be great too! Thanks.

Profile picture for user Jojo
Nancy N.

Hi, there is a cleveland support group at University Hospital that already has started meeting. I can find out more info for you if you are interested. Hope your dad is doing well. My dad will find out 8/13/12 if he needs an LVAD. They will do another R heart cath to determine.

Nancy

Profile picture for user hope
sheila k.

Just read your post, and wanted to say my husband received his LVAD 8-13-12 at CC. We live in Erie, Pa, and commmute back and forth for fu. He has gone back to work, but I still do his dressing daily and make sure all meds are reordered. I think it would be great to meet others going thru the same. Problem with us is the commute with winter. But certainly would love to know how things are going for the rest of LVAD families from CC.

Lets hope 2013 is a good year for all! Sheila K