Profile picture for user KORI_WOOD
Kori W. Recipient

Blog for Teens, 20s, & 30s w/ the LVAD

Hey everybody,

I have opened a facebook group page for younger adults. Being 28, I have noticed there's not a lot of sites out there for young adults who are getting the LVAD or who have already recieved it. Facebook page is: Fighting for our Hearts *Young Adults with the LVAD/Heartmate II Pump* You can post questions, pictures, ideas, fears, anything! Hope this helps some people.

Profile picture for user Angela_Murray
Angela M.

Kori,

I'm so please to see this. My son got his LVAD Sept 2010. He had just celebated his 24th birthday shortly before he bacame ill...then found out that all 4 chambers of his heart were failing. He came very close a couple of times to not even making it. I couldn't even to begin to tell you how my heart also was breaking...not to mention I was so scared that it was affecting my own health also. (I too have congestive heart failure) I hope that I can convince him to go and check out your facebook page. He started off feeling like there was no one out there around his age that would understand or relate to the things he has had to go through. I think your idea of starting a facebook page covering this topic and age group is a wonderful idea. Keep up the great work...and the great attitude.

Angela