Profile picture for user bird
Millard H. Recipient

BIRD

I AM ABOUT TO HAVE MY LVAD PLACED AND HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE PLAYING GOLF

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME

Profile picture for user lexigriff
Alexis G.

Hi Bird,

Welcome to the MyLVAD community! I'm not sure if any of my patients have played golf but I have a few who are avid bowlers. I would just say you need to make sure your driveline is secure and you have plenty of charged batteries, especially if you're going to play 18 holes! All the best for a speedy recovery!

Profile picture for user Paul1991
Paul B.

I use a pic line anchor where the drive line comes out from under the gause (3M Tegaderm IV Advanced part # 1688). I also use a Foley Anchor and the drive line doesn't move and I can swing as hard as I want. I put the batteries in my short pockets and the controller in a pouch provided by the hospital, it's actually the controller holder for a Heartmate II, I put that on my belt. I also wear suspenders under my golf shirt to help hold up my pants. I tuck the wires under the suspenders so there aren't any wires moving around under the shirt.
Profile picture for user RichmondLVAD
Henry R.

Hi, Yes, I started to golf six months after getting my LVAD. I play 18 holes every week during golf season, and play very well. I recommend that you check out my post about the LVAD vest that my wife makes for me. You can email me for the instructions. This vest makes golf and every other activity so normal to do. Good Health to you!