Profile picture for user CJ-UK
Chris L. Recipient

Generator Inverter Type

Anyone with a Heartware LVAD used a Honda generator (i) version which is the inverter type for their Lvad power supply?

Profile picture for user Keverdawg
Kevin H.

I have a couple of Honda EU2000i inverter generator that I have used to power my power supply and battery charger as well as my camper on a 10 day camping trip in the woods with no hookups. Worked great never an issue. I keep them at home just in case we have a power outage. With the cold winter and ice/snow here in the south it was nice to know I have backup power. I recommend to stay with the Honda Inverter brand of generator. Easy starting and dependable. There are some Chinese made knockoffs. I wouldn't recommend it.

The smaller 1000 watt Honda would be fine for the power supply and charger.

I have got to add Don't ever put these generators inside any part of your home! CO or carbon monoxide gas can be produced. Also follow the storage recommendations for the Hondas drain the carburetor after use to keep them dependable. The alcohol gasoline junk they sell now will plug the carb up if not drained. Real easy loosen one screw for 20 seconds and tighten back up.