Would love your help!Tue, 07/22/2014 - 12:19AM
I am an occupational therapy student working at an inpatient hospital and doing an inservice for the rehab staff about LVADs. I am very curious to know how having an LVAD effects your every day life. If you can answer as many of these questions as you can, I would be very grateful!!
1. What would you tell a new LVAD patient about life after returning home from the hospital with an LVAD?
2. What kinds of tips and tricks have you discovered while living with the LVAD that you didn't learn at the hospital?
3. Are you able to participate in more of your hobbies after your VAD than you were before? Please list some of these hobbies!
4. How often do you find yourself limiting any activities of daily living because of your VAD? If often, please explain why.
5. How confident did you feel in managing your VAD for battery exchange, stabilization of your drive line, and controller positioning?
Any information that you can give me would be great!! Thank you in advance!!