Profile picture for user ian
Ian P. Recipient

!0 years with a Ventrasist Lvad!

I have recently 'celebrated' 10 years of living with an 'antiquated' Ventrassist LVAD in the UK.

Life has not been easy with the heavy batteries and so on, but the 'behaviour' of the pump itself has been exemplary! 

We are getting to the stage where getting batteries for it can be quite difficult.

'Health-wise' I presently have heart failure once again, but that is not the pump's fault.

I have at least had ten extra years of life!

If anyone would like to contact me here, please do. Thank you.

Ian

Profile picture for user rlouis1439
ron l.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. But weren't you in heart failure when you received it 10 + years ago and can't you receive another LVAD now? Here's wishing the best for you.

ron l.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. But weren't you in heart failure when you received it 10 + years ago and can't you receive another LVAD now? Here's wishing the best for you.

Profile picture for user mattkerrybritt@msn.com
Matthew B.

That is encouraging that you are marking your tenth year with an LVAD unit. I am just getting ready to start my LVAD journey, my surgery is currently scheduled for October. I look forward to having the energy to wear those batteries and walk outside again. So fingers crossed for me. 

In reply to by Matthew B.

ron l.

You should have the energy to do much more but a walk outside will be nice.