Profile picture for user jhsullivan54
John S. Prospective Patient

Driving

Has anyone figured out a comfortable way to get back behind the wheel? There has to be a better way than wearing the batteries on your hips. And how do I change from prospective patient to recipient?

Profile picture for user Lgb0250
Larry B.

I just wear my batteries in the front pockets of my cargo shorts/pants and put the controller in the cargo pocket. Works flawlessly.

Profile picture for user Stan_C
Stan C.

I prefer to wear what I know as a "fanny bag" or small bag with a strap that goes around the waist.  It is easy to move around as needed and takes the weight off your shoulders.  Most the time though I use my standard shoulder bag as I have very small hips and don't feel secure with the fanny bag.  When driving I always move them in front of me on my lap so the waist portion of the seat belt goes around it also.

Profile picture for user Dick B
Richard B.

I buy shirts on ETSY from Fran Tubiolo ($75.00).  She moved the battery pockets up high just under my armpits at my request.  I have tried I don't know how many vests and other shirts, but this is far and away the best.  the belt and harness they gave me at the hospital were awful.