Profile picture for user cheRiE 09
Cherie C. Recipient

Tagader m vs. Glad press and seal

I was advised not to shower. But I can use a hand held shower. I was wondering if someone knows if it's better to use teg ad er m or if the press and se al  is the same  or worse? Thanks.

Profile picture for user krystim33
Krysti B.

i put a paper towel folded up(to soak up any moisture) then press and seal and then a shower guard over dressing. I also plan my showers around dressing changes .

Profile picture for user Mariza
Mariza M.

Here in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, we were trained to cover the dressing with the gauze wrap plastic and seal with microporous tape. On top, we make second protection with plastic film sealed with microporous tape. Works great to avoid wetting the dressing. I´ve been using that in the last four years for daily shower.

Mariza Morgado

Profile picture for user slhinkle
Stephen H.

I plan showers around dressing changes. I use  2 7 x7 shower guards to get the right fit. I use a hand held shower and use it all over.  Works great.

Profile picture for user acura
Pat A.

We uses Dollar tree or Saran Wrap . Wrap around drive line , tap above so that spray doesn’t drip into . You’ll get it after a couple of times . He had LVAD for 4 1/2 yrs. . Then received a new heart.

Profile picture for user Billy
William G.

My wife uses Press’nSeal .. Tegaderm was harsh on her skin

Profile picture for user gail palmer
gail p.

Hi Cherie,

Tegaderm is better to use and my insurance company pays for it. I order my drive line supplies and tegaderm at the same. That is what they used in the hospital when showering.

Gail 

gail p.

Hi Cherie,

Tegaderm is better to use and my insurance company pays for it. I order my drive line supplies and tegaderm at the same. That is what they used in the hospital when showering.

Gail 

gail p.

Hi Cherie,

Gail