Profile picture for user Bravado84
Alexander P. Recipient

MPU Cables

Does anyone knows if the LVAD manufacturer supply longer cables or there are any kind of extention cables to add to the extisting ones? I need like another 25 ft. Thanks.

Profile picture for user carrielee10
Carrie J.

Has anyone else experienced intense pain under their left breast when they breathe or cough?  I have had my lvad for almost 3 years.

Profile picture for user MichaelSmith7

In reply to by Carrie J.

Mike S.

I have a pain there when my weight gets too low.  It feels like the pump is rubbing against the inside of a rib.  I can get rid of it by gaining a few pounds. I think it is due to a lack of padding around the pump. My LVAD coordinator agreed with me. 

Profile picture for user Michael Hill

In reply to by Carrie J.

Michael H.

I do from time to time usually doesn't last long also sometimes from diffibulator / pace maker ,and sometimes I call it a discomfort not a sharp pain .

Profile picture for user Cindy
Cindy R.

Hello Carrie,

I had more irritation then pain under my breast.  At the worst point, a small wire poked out under my breast from the inside.  It sounds much worse then it was.  I cut off as much as I could, and it was better.  I was told by our VAD Coordinators that while in surgery, there are many wires left across my chest.  They think the reason it poked through was because I had lost weight, which I had.  If you have intense pain, that is not normal, and I believe Donna B is correct for you to call your Coordinators.

Wishing you the best!

Cindy

Profile picture for user Mel2020
Melanie W.

Morning Carrie, My husband has this also. The cardio team gave him a cat scan and it shows that the VAD is hitting his 6th rib. They said there are two things they can do - the first is to go in and cut some of the rib away or give him a nerve blocker to that area so he doesn't feel it. He has a heart mate 3