Need advise- recent Lvad experienceSun, 12/20/2020 - 4:44PM
My Aunt got her LVAd around 3 weeks back but unfortunately the recovery is extremely slow. She is in early 50s.
she was on ventilator for almost 2 weeks. She is able to breathe on her own now but we have noticed:
- she keeps her eyes closed for most of the day and doesnt talk much
- she mumbles and sometimes says random stuff, calls her son Uncle and feels disoriented. She is mostly agitated
- she has not been able to walk yet because of extreme swelling. We have not been told of the reason for swelling
- she has gotten arrhythmia twice after surgery.
- she is still in ICU and wont be shifted to regular room until she can walk
- her left arm shows no movement
all of the above is making us very worried. Can you please share of anyone had similar experience and how long the recovery took. It feels like we take 1 step forward and 2 steps backward. How can we help her become more oriented and talking? She has no motivation and complains of pain.