Profile picture for user Suzi
Suzii P. Recipient

Wearing LVAD batteries etc

I find the easiest way to wear my external equipment is a fanny pack, or certain hiking/outdoor bags that clip around my waist. This leaves me hands free all day long. A Maxtop brand fanny pack from Amazon (xl) will hold the batteries and a front zipper is convenient for cards or cash etc. With this I put my controller in a separate holder and slide it on the belt. Some packs will hold it all and these are great. I have a green Puma one that holds everything nicely. A tactical bag will work great too. I like these packs because some are very decorative and take the place of lugging a purse. They also don't put the strain on my neck that the regular equipment bag does. Just sharing. Like the rest of you, I take one moment at a time and want to be as comfortable and in some instances as inconspicuous, as possible. Happy New Year! The best is on it's way! Suzi

Profile picture for user shortstp78
Juanita P.

I've been trying to find a fanny pack that fit the "huge" batteries and controller.  Could you please let me know what type of fanny pack fits all three things?  Would be appreciated....

Juanita P.

Hi Suzzi P,

I've tried fanny packs, many i have in closet that don't fit the batteries/controller....I just got frustrated and stopped looking.  I know amazon has a lot, that is where i purchased 12 of mine.  Now Did you have a special zipper put in the side left, that is where my driveline comes in, to push batteries controller through, rather than toss over top?  I've done that with backpacks, handbags, etc.  A fanny pack would be absolutely a God sent especially for the gym.  If you could give visual, or explain the one you have more detailed, I would be greatly appreciative.  Juanita,,,,

Profile picture for user Suzi

In reply to by Juanita P.

Suzii P.

Juanita, my favorite is black and the brand is "Outdoor." I have a Heartmate 3 and everything fits in the main compartment and zips to the left. It also has 2 more smaller zip spaces on the front and a small stretch mesh holder on each side. The belt is cushioned about 5 inches on each side before it gets to the adjustable web belt. You can search the brand online. It's not on Amazon that I could find. I have others but this one sounds more like what you're looking for. I believe it is a hiking bag. They seem to be available at the "Sportsman" store (online too). Ours is in an old Gander Mountain. If I can be of any more help, let me know. Blessings, Suzi

Juanita P.

Hi again Suzii, I hate to be a pain but if you could give dimensions of bag, or show a pic, that would be so helpful.  There are several black fanny packs, and they all look good, but a visual would be great.  You can use my email if you would like:  shortstp78@yahoo.com

Thank you, Juanita