Profile picture for user Tabitha.B
Tabitha B. Medical Professional

LVAD Man book

https://www.amazon.com/LVAD-Man-Tabitha-Belhomme/dp/B0BMSNRHM5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=DZ6FAHAKT209&keywords=lvad+man+book&qid=1669051242&s=books&sprefix=lvad+man+book%2Cstripbooks%2C132&sr=1-1

Hello everyone,

My name is Tabitha, and I'm a nurse who formerly worked on a cardiac step-down unit. I am reaching out to you all because I have been working on an exciting project that was inspired by one of my LVAD patients two years ago. In fact, the main character, Frederick, is based on him. 

I have written a book called "LVAD Man", and it is an illustrated book made for children (ages 8 and up) whose loved ones have (or are in the process of getting) an LVAD. I believe this can be a valuable resource for LVAD patients. This can help kids gain a little insight into what is happening with their loved ones when they're in heart failure and why they may need an LVAD.

I'm currently working with a few hospitals to see if they would consider including this in their discharge packets/binders for their new LVAD patients, but I wanted existing LVAD recipients to have access to this book as well. It is available on Amazon, I hope you all love it, and I hope it serves as a wonderful way to connect with your little ones over your LVAD. 

You are all superheroes, and I admire you all!

~ Tabitha