Profile picture for user PhilInMS1985
Phillip M. Recipient

New Product to Secure Driveline

I have always had issues securing the driveline to my stomach using anchors or tape. It always seems to pull off or get stuck on my shirt. I found adhesive patches for insulin arm sensors. Amazon has waterproof adhesives. They flex so if there's any movement of the driveline the entire patch doesn't rip off. I've worn one for about a week now - even through a shower. It's still attached. I think it could last another week. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DW8T2C/ref=emc_b_5_t

Profile picture for user Giants17
Lee S.

Hey Phillip,

Just ordered a box. I have a ongoing rash from whatever I wear, so I'm game to try them. I can't wear the regular LVAD dressing it irritates the hell out of me. The site around the port gets red and itchy, I've been fighting this since I came home. Thanks for posting this and I hope it works

Profile picture for user JuantonioY

In reply to by Lee S.

Juantonio Y.

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I'm going to order it too I hope it helps, definitely could change the game for me.🙏🙏

Profile picture for user Giants17
Lee S.

Been using them for about 3 weeks and they work great for me!!!!! Stays in place and does not irritate all.

Profile picture for user Tegentry1459
Thomas G.

Thanks for the information. I also have irritation from the anchor. Is there a way you could send a picture of how you’re using the patch to hold your drive line?

Profile picture for user PhilInMS1985
Phillip M.

Sure. I'm in the hospital so it's not the best picture. This one has been on for about a week now. It looks stretched but it isnt. Holds great. I'm 37 and active. LVAD anchor

In reply to by Phillip M.

Thomas G.

I have a friend that is a diabetic, and I think he uses that same patch on his arm for his sensor. I am very allergic to the adhesive on the driveline anchor. I have found a way around that using duoderm, but I think your way may be easier.

In reply to by Phillip M.

Thomas G.

I have a friend that is a diabetic, and I think he uses that same patch on his arm for his sensor. I am very allergic to the adhesive on the driveline anchor. I have found a way around that using duoderm, but I think your way may be easier.