Profile picture for user bsparkee47
Linda H. Caregiver

Daily back pain

My significant other has back pain daily from carrying the battery bag during the day, otherwise he’s fairly active.  I was considering getting a chair massager as a gift.  I wondered if it would interfere with the function of the LVAD and pacemaker.  

Profile picture for user snapon
Mike D.

I can't speak to the massage chair, but the back pain from carrying batteries can be helped by changing the way he carries the batteries. I know my husband had major back issues in the beginning because he used to carry them using things around his neck. We bought LVAD shirts and it took away most of his back pain.  There expensive but so worth it for him.  Good luck 

Profile picture for user Used2flyfish
Joe H.

• I have used LVAD vests for 11 years.  Now I'm 84  yrs old and have osteoporosis which has resulted in two vertebrae fractures in the past 6 years.  Now I'm trying out Genki Garb shorts and I'd like to chat with anyone who has or does wear them.
  •  
Profile picture for user Giants17

In reply to by Joe H.

Lee S.

I do not have any back pain that's because I do not wear my batteries on my shoulder or back. I use cargo pants....a battery in each front pocket and the monitor in the cargo pocket. Then velco your wires together and your good to go. I feel free to move around and don't have to carry a bag everywhere I go. I use cargo shorts in the summer.Never could do the weight. I  tried using the "football girdle" they weren't so comfortable either. Ya need a bigger pants to get it over the girdle.

Profile picture for user acura
Pat A.

Summer / winter / fishing VESTS are great - Now most of the vests bought come with lg. inside pockets. You can modify

( if need be )a little snip here and there . My husband got through 4 -1/2 yrs. With an LVAD. No need to spend a lot of money on things . Vest you would buy if you didn’t have the LVAD. He has since had a heart transplant ( he is now 80 ! ) 

It’s a difficult journey — but people you can do this ! He lives one day at a time . Always with optimism ( most of the time ) 

❤️👍👏🏻🙏🧸💐❤️